Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Moody Hues

Anthropologie Catalog
August 2011




















My love for Anthropologie is indescribable, but typically my interests gravitate towards their home decor and creatively inspired artistic interior pieces. I never quite fell in love with the clothing, though I do recognize the high quality tailoring and craftsmanship of their pieces, something so often lost in the throws of the retail rodeo. The "pretty little housewife" aesthetic never resonated with me. However, the delicate attention to detail that manifests itself in their catalogs and lookbooks, the carefully crafted mood, palate, and storyboard are quite impressive. The photography is gorgeous and even if the dresses and sweaters cease to amaze me, the manner of the exhibition certainly garners my attention and affection.


via Anthropologie

No comments:

Post a Comment