Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fur-paux


via KAWAIIDESUNE

I simply cannot oblige the fur tail trend dominating the hipster streetwear scene. Whoever said that affixing the rear likes of an animal (be it real or fake) to one's purse or pant simply surpasses my consideration of anything stylish. I am certainly a fan of the adventurous fashion statement, but I fail to see the fashion in this furry appendage. Springing up on the Louis Vuitton S/S 2010 RTW runways, I compare it to the 2009 bunny ears trend that originated on Marc Jacob's catwalks - quirky and absurd with some slight prospective possibility of being cool but ultimately just appearing ridiculous. Editorially I think it can work and I've seen a few examples of its stellar success, however, in the end, I hope it's something soon fur-gotten.

Am I alone in my strong hesitation towards this trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment